You are not connected. Please login or register

Dedicated flight team?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dedicated flight team? Empty Dedicated flight team? Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Big C

Big C
Community Manager

So, as you may know I plan to help corp battles by being one of the dedicated Dropship pilots for the Corp, but to be successful...I need a flight team with me.

Pilot: Me
Right Gunner(Blaster): Gim
Left Gunner (Rail Gun)
Spotter

I need some gunners, people who can take out some mercs with good ol' fashioned aerial justice.
I also will need a spotter who can switch sides and let me know of any imminent threats to our ship. When i'm flying, It's very hard to see missiles that are coming at me from the back or the sides. I can really only see the front. So if you think you could do any of these, post here.

SIDE NOTE: If I fear that we are going down in the coming second, if you hear me say jump, JUMP. Leave, we need to save clones. Sure I will try to save it after you jump, but chances are I can't get her back.

Last edited by Big C on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Dedicated flight team? Empty Re: Dedicated flight team? Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 pm

This needs more attention. I am completely for this. As long as someone on board has a mic. This team would preferably have their own squad as well.

3Dedicated flight team? Empty Re: Dedicated flight team? Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Big C

Big C
Community Manager

Yeah we would control our own squad.

4Dedicated flight team? Empty Re: Dedicated flight team? Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Navep9

Navep9

One thing that bugs me is the guns. Are they machine guns. If so, I think that wont be as effective as just being there for transportation.

5Dedicated flight team? Empty Re: Dedicated flight team? Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Big C

Big C
Community Manager

I have a rail gun and a blaster.

6Dedicated flight team? Empty Re: Dedicated flight team? Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Navep9

Navep9

Nice. That should allow us to kill some mercs!

7Dedicated flight team? Empty Re: Dedicated flight team? Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:03 pm

Any volunteers? If you need me to man the blaster, I will. Just that until around March-April I won't be AS active that I'd like to.

8Dedicated flight team? Empty Re: Dedicated flight team? Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Big C

Big C
Community Manager

Sweet, ill put you down on the blaster seat for now

9Dedicated flight team? Empty Re: Dedicated flight team? Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Navep9

Navep9

Ill join for railgun.

10Dedicated flight team? Empty Re: Dedicated flight team? Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:19 pm

4wheel

4wheel

Sorry, but I won't be able to help out. As a Logibro, I'm needed on the thick of it. Also, at this point I feel worried that taking almost a whole squad out of the battle would have a harmful impact on the result.

At this build in the game the player count is still too low to take three-four players off the objectives. Also, the maps are still too small for a Dropship to truly shine.

A flight crew is simply a luxury that certain corporations can dabble in without harming their impact on the battlefield. Also the pilot is heavily disadvantaged even against his OWN team.

Many a newberry won't even bother jumping out and just take up space unless you land somewhere you can be instant fodder for AV. That and you get 0 SP unless you happen to have the reincarnation of Wyatt Earp manning the gun.

There have been many ideas put forth by the community to help pilots, though. From a pilot controlled red light/green light that signals allies to jump from the craft and awards points to both sides for soldiers for jumping on the green light.

Sadly, until the maps open up and the player count increases you won't have any drastic need for a Dropship in the combat zone. So, my only advice would be to put some points into piloting if you truly want to and simply practice your flying abilities in Pub matches where your team has the other redlined.

As for organizing a flight team, again it's something that won't see any need till a later build, but if you wish to practice it, redlined pub matches are certainly the best places.

11Dedicated flight team? Empty Re: Dedicated flight team? Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:24 pm

Navep9

Navep9

4wheel, you could be a medic we can transport around the field, allowing you to help anyone.

12Dedicated flight team? Empty Re: Dedicated flight team? Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:34 pm

4wheel

4wheel

I feel unsafe about that. Being on foot may limit me to only an area around me, but at least I know ahead of time if the guy who died is worth saving. I could get dropped off and revive the guy just to have him die a second time from the sniper that was camping his corpse. Or, I'll be killed before the Dampener animation ended.

Also, Big will have to come to a complete standstill hover above the area or the inertia will throw me far off target.

The best use of a dropship would be as a fast travel between the redline and the objectives, allowing a four-man group to freefall onto the objectives before activating the afterburners and fleeing from the inevitable Swarm/Forge fire.

13Dedicated flight team? Empty Re: Dedicated flight team? Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:56 am

Ok we have Navep as rail gunner. Now just need a spotter, and we are set to go!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum