Community for DUST 514, Fat Princess, and Minecraft

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official Petition to Play Public Matches on Orbital Strike Weekends

+2
Big C
tffhello
6 posters

Would you prefer to play public matches

Official Petition to Play Public Matches on Orbital Strike Weekends Vote_r1080%Official Petition to Play Public Matches on Orbital Strike Weekends Vote_r10 80% [ 4 ]
Official Petition to Play Public Matches on Orbital Strike Weekends Vote_r1020%Official Petition to Play Public Matches on Orbital Strike Weekends Vote_r10 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

tffhello

tffhello

The reasoning:
1. More Fun
2. Better Practice (getting our ass kicked or playing 2 people doesn't help us)
3. More ISK which we could pump back into the corp (We earn about 2 mill ISK for one battle if we win in corp battles, it only takes 10 people in pub matches to earn that amount, win or lose)
4. Better Morale (No one likes getting wrecked)
5. Possibility of Recruiting
6. Less Down Time
7. Less Stress.

Big C

Big C
Community Manager

I like this idea, I think we shouldnt rush into corp battles so much, and plus Public matches can be very fun, and as you said it can provide alot more income for our corp. We should have a night for Corp battles though, but i'm for this.

tffhello

tffhello

Even so, I think our corp battles should be low risk to start like 200k, that way we get experience but we don't risk much

tffhello

tffhello

Also we would get SP in Public matches

Dargor

Dargor

Public matches could also be good for teamwork. Having good squads working in tandem with one another is both good a good exercise, and having a more polished battle plan.

And this merc likes money and SP.

4wheel

4wheel

I honestly couldn't care less as long as we get to play together. Which was something I loved about Corp battles because we all got to get in on the action!

Mio-chan

Mio-chan
Community Manager

Marked as pending.

Not a bad idea, however I do have several concerns. Squads will be split. Practice and coordination between other squads will be close to impossible, unless we go on team chat, which should encourage the other squads to do the same.

Say, we have enough for two squads. We'll need at least one person with a mic on each squad to work with their squad, and perhaps keep track of W/L ratio. We can do this and see if W/L ratio improves over time.

Other teams also had much better equipment. That's because we need to encourage our members to play this game. The way to do that? Work together in public matches.

I'm all for this, as long as we organize the squads in a fair manner, everyone goes on Team Chat, and Squad Leads keep track of W/L.

tffhello

tffhello

I also realize looking back that we should not put out of the question playing corp matches, just don't play them solely. We don't want our EVE players getting bored Razz

Mio-chan

Mio-chan
Community Manager

I'll accept this petition as soon as we have a way of implementing this in an orderly fashion.

I think this would be fun. Divide into squads. We can always alternate on what we choose to do. Smile

Mio-chan

Mio-chan
Community Manager

The petition has been accepted. This may take a weekend or two to fully implement.

Mio-chan

Mio-chan
Community Manager

In the pipelines.

Orbital Strike Weekends Petition | Important | February 22
- Implement new Officer system assigned to CMs
- Implement new scheduling system assigned to CMs
- Implement new Squad system assigned to CMs

Enjoy!

tffhello

tffhello

Huzzah!

May I propose that for each event we have a topic where we post W/L as well as any performance notes?

Mio-chan

Mio-chan
Community Manager

tffhello wrote:Huzzah!

May I propose that for each event we have a topic where we post W/L as well as any performance notes?

Excellent idea. Such intel would be valuable and thus should be placed in the Tactics forum.

Navep9

Navep9

We should also have set squads with regulars and alternates.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum