[xGSx] Gunslingers Community

A gaming community for CCP's EVE DUST 514 on the PlayStation 3

Internet Relay Chat - FAQ Gsban010

[GSx] Gunslingers Corporation, GmbH
Community for DUST 514, Fat Princess, and Minecraft

You are not connected. Please login or register

Internet Relay Chat - FAQ

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Internet Relay Chat - FAQ Empty Internet Relay Chat - FAQ Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:44 am

Mio-chan

Mio-chan
Community Manager

IRC FAQ

On January 21st, 2012, we have made the transition over to IRC as one of our primary forms of communication. In order to better assist our users, this guide will aim to educate users about IRC and their choices regarding IRC.

What is IRC?

IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is a protocol for real-time messaging over the internet.

With IRC, you can use the web client we have provided, or use the client of your choice. Such choices include mIRC, HydraIRC, and XChat. There are literally thousands of options!

Anyway, if you wish to use your own client, the information to connect is provided below.

Network/Connection Information:

Servers:

irc.hellcat.net

Channel:

#gsgaming

How do I register my username on the IRC network?

To register your username once you are connected to the network, simply do /ns REGISTER password email (with your password, and email) and further instructions will be given.

Can I use the IRC on a mobile device?

Yes! IRC is very versatile, and with any client available for your device, it can be done. On Android, for example, you can use AndChat, which is available on the Play Store for free. If you are willing to shell out $1.99 for a high-quality, simplistic IRC client on the iPhone, then Colloquy is for you!

If you have any other questions, feel free to message me and/or open a new thread.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum