You are not connected. Please login or register

Feedback

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Feedback Empty Feedback Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Mio-chan

Mio-chan
Community Manager

Hello everyone, we're looking into general feedback regarding the website.

Feel free to post any of your thoughts here, etc.

2Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:54 am

M14_Kight_Stalkr

Suggested Changes:

• Get a new chat box, this websites as an example
  • Get rid of this, I don't see the point and it looks kinda out of place
  • A new header would be great, the current one is pretty dull and boring
  • Remove 'Groups', 'Gallery' and other useless buttons
  • Remove Search button and, like the website I linked, put a search box right under
  • Ether have the Calender in the sidebar or the top buttons, no need for both
  • Remove the 'Who's online' widget, we can use the homepage and reduce clutter
  • Reorganize widgets, Top/Bottom- Poll, ShoutBox, Top Posters, Lastest threads
  • In the poll, if you ask if we like something, link us to what changed if possible
  • Remove the light blue 'Forummotion' bar that sticks to the top of the page                -Only remove that bar if you can put the 'Notifications' button somewhere else
  • More of a personal thing, new colors maybe? Blue/Black isn't the best contrast to me

Other then that, I really like that background we have. It really suites a forum design with how the guy is perfectly on the right.

3Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:15 pm

My one main concern is the chat box. We just need it to be more accessible and centralized.

4Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Mio-chan

Mio-chan
Community Manager

Gimlasgod wrote:My one main concern is the chat box. We just need it to be more accessible and centralized.

The chatbox is a service, not a "box". It is indeed accessible. You may use the web client provided, or any other client of your choice (hexchat, irssi, etc.). We are about user choice, not shoving a choice down peoples' throats. Centralization is also a bad choice. IRC is significantly less centralized than an HTTP service.

Research on the best client for you. IRC has been around for a long time and is the standard in real time communications.

5Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:03 am

Big C

Big C
Community Manager

But the chatbox...is a box?

6Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:50 am

Navep9

Navep9

Isnt it a chatroom?

7Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:41 am

Mio-chan

Mio-chan
Community Manager

Navep9 wrote:Isnt it a chatroom?

Not really. It's a medium for real time communication. Nothing is stored. IRC is a protocol. The "box" is the webclient.

If you don't like the webclient, there are well over a few dozen of them out there.

8Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Well we just need the chatroom or whatever double as something, like the forums. Just so it's more centralized.

9Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:23 pm

Big C

Big C
Community Manager

Mio-chan wrote:
Navep9 wrote:Isnt it a chatroom?

Not really. It's a medium for real time communication. Nothing is stored. IRC is a protocol. The "box" is the webclient.

If you don't like the webclient, there are well over a few dozen of them out there.

its a chatroom lol

10Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Big C

Big C
Community Manager

I agree with m14s post. Find a new irc client or something. Everything else I agree with, but the color change you will have to convince gim and nave haha. I tried this before.

11Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Navep9

Navep9

I like the color scheme. It seems to fit with our game of choice, Dust. If we do change the color scheme, we would have to see what it looks like first before we make a decision.

12Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Mio-chan

Mio-chan
Community Manager

How about this: I remove the irc client and everyone uses what they prefer?

Seriously, that's the whole concept of IRC. It's your choice. If you can't use a search engine to find another web client or a downloadable client, then it's your problem.

The connect information is:

irc.hellcat.net
#gsgaming

That's my final decision. Any other posts brought up on this specific issue will be deleted. However, if you have suggestions for a webclient, please post.

13Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:56 pm

M14_Kight_Stalkr

Navep9 wrote:I like the color scheme.  It seems to fit with our game of choice, Dust.  If we do change the color scheme, we would have to see what it looks like first before we make a decision.

Personally, I find darker/'dustier' colors would suit dust. There's plenty black, but hardly any bright blue in the game.

14Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Big C

Big C
Community Manager

Pim don't delete posts just cause they say something, thats stupid lol. Just leave the IRC where it is, people can use a client if they want to, were not going to require them to download something they don't want to.

15Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:25 pm

Mio-chan

Mio-chan
Community Manager

Big C wrote:Pim don't delete posts just cause they say something, thats stupid lol. Just leave the IRC where it is, people can use a client if they want to, were not going to require them to download something they don't want to.

They can use whatever client they want to. The chat provided IS a web client.

16Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:32 am

Mio-chan

Mio-chan
Community Manager

M14_Kight_Stalkr wrote:Suggested Changes:

• Get a new chat box, this websites as an example
  • Get rid of this, I don't see the point and it looks kinda out of place
  • A new header would be great, the current one is pretty dull and boring
  • Remove 'Groups', 'Gallery' and other useless buttons
  • Remove Search button and, like the website I linked, put a search box right under
  • Ether have the Calender in the sidebar or the top buttons, no need for both
  • Remove the 'Who's online' widget, we can use the homepage and reduce clutter
  • Reorganize widgets, Top/Bottom- Poll, ShoutBox, Top Posters, Lastest threads
  • In the poll, if you ask if we like something, link us to what changed if possible
  • Remove the light blue 'Forummotion' bar that sticks to the top of the page                -Only remove that bar if you can put the 'Notifications' button somewhere else
  • More of a personal thing, new colors maybe? Blue/Black isn't the best contrast to me

Other then that, I really like that background we have. It really suites a forum design with how the guy is perfectly on the right.

Addressed, in order:

1. We will stay with IRC, as Forumotion's alternative is highly unreliable.
  2. Removed per your request
  3. New scalable header released
  4. Gallery disabled; Not removed (groups)
  5. Looking into it being removed (search button)
  6. Not possible (calendar)
  7. Removed from the forum index
  8. Reorganized per your request
  9. Hyperlinks not possible
  10. Notifications system is part of the forumotion bar
  11. Color scheme will not be changed

If you have any more feedback please share!

Gimlasgod wrote:My one main concern is the chat box. We just need it to be more accessible and centralized.

The Mibbit webclient is now located on the forum index. Enjoy!
You brought up the issue of it being a tad large. Will look into it (low priority)

17Feedback Empty Re: Feedback Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:20 am

M14_Kight_Stalkr

Actually, I don't mind the color with this new layout. Overall I think you did a great job, one of my only complaints would be that the website doesn't work as well as it used to on the ps3 browser (My computer broke, I needed to upgrade it anyways) but that's not really a big deal.

I'll cruise around the forums and see if I can find anything that can be changed for the better

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum