A gaming community for CCP's EVE DUST 514 on the PlayStation 3

The Elder Scrolls Discussion Gsban010

[GSx] Gunslingers Corporation, GmbH
Community for DUST 514, Fat Princess, and Minecraft

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Elder Scrolls Discussion

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Elder Scrolls Discussion Empty The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Navep9

Navep9

Seeing that Skyrim is mentioned occasionally around the forum, I've decide to make a topic for it. So, if you feel the need to discuss this game just come right here.

Last edited by Navep9 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

2The Elder Scrolls Discussion Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:08 pm

Dargor

Dargor

Game has been out for awhile now. Perhaps I can recommend changing the topic name to Elder Scrolls general? There's a bit more to talk about that way.

OT: Why is everyone obsessed with the idea, that in Skyrim, the PC should become emperor at some point, or that the Thalmor need to be dealt with here and now in a DLC? Never mind the fact that the PC's tend to disappear (Well, assuming how you RP different characters) almost immediately post-game, it creates a mess that'll cause a lot of players to be butt-hurt that they're character left the throne and walked off into the sunset (Or worse, a defined character). Aside from that, a faceless leader of the empire painfully boring, as you'd here almost nothing about what they're doing.

As for the Thalmor, I don't have a problem with a DLC featuring them, I'd only be appalled if the Dominion was suddenly curb stomped into the dust by some half-baked attempt to invade a province when you're pretty much boned in trying to reach it. Sail up through Eltheric ocean, and you have a bunch of stab happy Redguards ready to harass your navy and blow you into itty bitty bits. Or, you could take the absurdly long route and sail all the way from Elsweyr, down through Black Marsh, and around the entirety of Morrowind and try to invade Windhelm directly. Both are horribly cost deficient, despite the fact the Dominion is one of the better maritime forces in Tamriel. (To that end, the Nords have the same problem. They have never actually gone to war with a province that hasn't directly bordered them, and historically, invading the Isles has been nigh impossible for anyone except the Maomer. The only way Septim managed to conquer the Dominion was by unleashing a giant God-Robot that shatters time on their golden asses. And I don't see the Nords going after Valenwood and Elsweyr for the same reasons.)

I say, leave the Thalmor alone for a few games. TES finally as a enemy that isn't some obscure cult that disappears in one game, and its a enemy everyone loves to hate. There's no need to off them just yet. I'd much rather have a Orsinium DLC.

3The Elder Scrolls Discussion Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 pm

BurstLimitKL

BurstLimitKL

Dargor wrote:Game has been out for awhile now. Perhaps I can recommend changing the topic name to Elder Scrolls general? There's a bit more to talk about that way.

OT: Why is everyone obsessed with the idea, that in Skyrim, the PC should become emperor at some point, or that the Thalmor need to be dealt with here and now in a DLC? Never mind the fact that the PC's tend to disappear (Well, assuming how you RP different characters) almost immediately post-game, it creates a mess that'll cause a lot of players to be butt-hurt that they're character left the throne and walked off into the sunset (Or worse, a defined character). Aside from that, a faceless leader of the empire painfully boring, as you'd here almost nothing about what they're doing.

As for the Thalmor, I don't have a problem with a DLC featuring them, I'd only be appalled if the Dominion was suddenly curb stomped into the dust by some half-baked attempt to invade a province when you're pretty much boned in trying to reach it. Sail up through Eltheric ocean, and you have a bunch of stab happy Redguards ready to harass your navy and blow you into itty bitty bits. Or, you could take the absurdly long route and sail all the way from Elsweyr, down through Black Marsh, and around the entirety of Morrowind and try to invade Windhelm directly. Both are horribly cost deficient, despite the fact the Dominion is one of the better maritime forces in Tamriel. (To that end, the Nords have the same problem. They have never actually gone to war with a province that hasn't directly bordered them, and historically, invading the Isles has been nigh impossible for anyone except the Maomer. The only way Septim managed to conquer the Dominion was by unleashing a giant God-Robot that shatters time on their golden asses. And I don't see the Nords going after Valenwood and Elsweyr for the same reasons.)

I say, leave the Thalmor alone for a few games. TES finally as a enemy that isn't some obscure cult that disappears in one game, and its a enemy everyone loves to hate. There's no need to off them just yet. I'd much rather have a Orsinium DLC.

4The Elder Scrolls Discussion Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:37 pm

Dargor

Dargor

Yes. Yes I am. But that's neither here nor there.

It would have better to /snip my quote though. Would save some room for the page I imagine.

5The Elder Scrolls Discussion Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Navep9

Navep9

Topic title changed.

6The Elder Scrolls Discussion Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:07 am

Dargor

Dargor

Okay, so the was released a little while ago the TES:O Cinematic trailer . I may as well throw out my initial reactions.

-Okay, I admit the staff illuminating the tunnel was pretty cool, but that will probably not even be featured in game, so that's a moot point.

-That Nord warrior. I really wish they didn't make his armor look so...bulky. He looks just like a extremely tall dwarf like character from any other MMO. I admit, I dig the helmet, but that's where it stops.

-Those Dunmer are...ew. I don't think I've ever seen their ears look that long, and...they look they just strolled out of that Avatar movie. I can't even tell if their eyes are red.

-Necromatic werewolves were actually pretty cool.

-Moving on to the Altmer chick, there have been a lot of complaints about her down in the Elder Scroll lore forum, mostly centered around her facial features being to human. While I'd agree, I think it wouldn't have been as bad if they just made her complexion a lot more golden.

- The entire segment with the Breton rouge was gratuitous. Wrong game bucko, Assassins Creed is that way.

Beyond that, I'm not that impressed. I know cinematic trailers mean bunk in the actual game, but the overall designs and tones don't match up to the game. Or to the series as a whole.

7The Elder Scrolls Discussion Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Dargor

Dargor

Double post hooply dooply.

Bethesda (Or rather Sony. Whatev's) annoucned the PS3's release dates for the three DLC's.

Dragonborn will be released February 12th, Hearthfire the 19th, and Dawnguard on the 26th.

And also, to anyone interested, Bethesda also released the OST's to Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, and the last two Fallout outings on Itunes. Originally, you could only get (Well, Jeremy Soule's work anyway) on DirectMusic.

8The Elder Scrolls Discussion Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:14 pm

Navep9

Navep9

^^^ Thanks for the dates.

9The Elder Scrolls Discussion Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:30 am

Dargor

Dargor

Karstagg. I really missed that bastard, but hes a lot more buff than when I dueled him as the Nerevarine. Funny how that works.

And gods, I liked Miraak, I just wished he was a wee bit more...antagonistic? I would of much rather shout down ol' Herma-Mora. Okay, the Princes are omnipotent within their own realm, but seeing the effects of Dragonrend on immortal Prince would tickle my fancy. Oh, and Neloth is alive, though I swore I stabbed him in the face during the Mages Guild questline of Morrowind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum